Buenos Dias!
Three and a half months, can you believe it? We are still experiencing the dry season out here and the drought continues on. However, we have seen signs of the coming rain. It has been getting hotter and hotter every day and the humidity is crazy. A few times I thought for sure it was going to rain but it only has rained once and a very little bit. I am really looking forward to the rain, I have had enough of this dryness.
This past month has had its ups and downs. I am still really enjoying living in Nicaragua and living with the Wiebe’s. My family was here at the beginning of the month and that was really good! However, I am struggling with a few things. I am quite frustrated with my Spanish lessons. It seems as though it doesn’t matter how many hours I study in a day, I know even less than I did before. That’s not quite true, I have learned a little, but I feel as though it will take forever to be able to communicate even a little.
I am also anxious about finances. Even though I know God will provide for me, it is still in the back of my mind and something that I think about a lot. I know that God is the source of my finances and it is Him that work’s in people’s hearts to the ministry of giving. Please pray that God would move in people`s hearts to join my financial and prayer support team.
Another thing that I have been struggling with is that I am feeling quite lonely here. I have not met a lot of people my age, if any, and I am starting to feel it. I love hanging out with the kids, Wally and Esther, their friends, and the Nicaraguans that I come in contact with but somehow that’s not the same as having a friend your own age to talk to and get together with. Along with all these things, I have been struggling with surrendering it all to God. Please pray for me, that I will be able to give it all to God and just trust in his unfailing love for everything that I need.
Teaching is still going really well. I am enjoying it more and more each day. We have had a lot of company lately and I am always excited when we can get back to the regular routine of school. I still have not been able to start volunteering at the orphanage, as I said we have had a lot of visitors lately. Hopefully now that we are not expecting many guests, we will be able to start going there once a week. I am still helping with the children’s Bible studies on Sundays. La Semilla ministries is planning to build a Sunday school classroom in the next couple of months and I am really excited about that. So far we have been sitting outside in the wind and heat and soon the rain so I am going to be very thankful for the shelter.
No comments:
Post a Comment